How We Want To Be Known
You’ll often hear us say that we’re a rest stop for tired Christians and a safe place for skeptics to consider the good news of Jesus. Here’s an attempt to elaborate on that a bit. It doesn’t say everything, but here are 9 ways we want to be known:
RUF is a fellowship…
- that focuses on teaching the Bible, how sinners are made right with God (justification), and how sinners walk with God (sanctification) and resists things that may distract from the Gospel.
- where students are free to be themselves and to speak freely without fear of reprimand or judgment.
- where students can ask questions. Where everyone is “in process” and no one has it all together.
- where students can express not only their faith, but also their doubts.
- that measures success NOT by attendance, but by lives transformed through the Gospel.
- that points students to Jesus’ bride, the Church (where you’ll find moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas, teenagers, kids, and babies… not just 18-22 year olds!).
- that can laugh at itself, admit weakness, and be humble because we are made right with God only through Jesus, not through our own efforts (Rom. 9:16).
- committed to loving and serving our campus, city, state, and world- in word and in deed.
- that doesn’t embrace terms like “sacred vs. secular”, but believes that the whole earth and everything in it belongs to the Lord.
- that leads people into a growing relationship with Jesus and equips them to love God and love people in every area of life!